Monday, August 20, 2012

Visitors again

So my brother and my folks came up this weekend.  Mom and Dad had been here before, of course, when I moved in, but in addition to being tired and disoriented and the weather being miserable we didn't see much.  This time we had a chance to actually go around and see things.

(Random aside: for some reason I can manage to get around without getting lost just fine when I'm alone, but as soon as Mom and Dad get here I go the wrong way, have no idea what street's which, and can't properly read a web page for some reason.  I have no idea why this is.)

Saturday we did the local rounds -- all stuff I've talked about on this blog before.  Dad was talking up Blue Fin, the Japanese restaurant we'd gone to when I moved up, and Joshua decide that was where he really wanted to go, so we ate there again, and I suspect we will continue to eat there, and often.  Joshua, Dad, and I all had the lunch sampler and it was amazing.    The plan had been to go to church, but I misread the website and we arrived as they were singing the last hymn, so we took the subway out to the Boston Commons and Public Gardens -- saw live swans this time, in addition to the swan boats!

We had a late dinner of Ohio Sweet Corn :)  Not exactly "Local first"; so sue me.

Yesterday we took a gamble and picked a park up at Cape Ann that looked promising according to its website.  This is what we got:


And this:


I can't even describe the place.  Beautiful, rugged granite cliffs and wild surf.  There were a lot of people, but it didn't matter, everyone left everyone else to enjoy themselves and the waves were so loud that you didn't hear a lot of chatter.

We stayed a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment