Saturday, April 14, 2012

So they have 500 sq feet to roam and this is what they do.

I guess now we're going to have an illustrated blog.

Mom and Dad had decided to stay two nights, to get a chance to see some things. Just as a heads up, one day isn't enough time to see anything up here, especially if you're already tired and not moving fast. We did walk down through Harvard Yard (where you cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, pahk your cah).

There was one place I absolutely had to take them: Cardullo's in Harvard square. It's hard to explain. It's like a deli or a market, but it's more than that. I'd scouted this place out before, and had suspected that they knew their cheeses. Boy did they. Mom and Dad ended up taking out a second mortgage to buy some Ramano, Brie, and a table cheese I'd never seen before, Piave.

Thursday evening we went out for Japanese in Porter Square. I guess no one was feeling adventurous (well, I was trying not to break the bank, or I might have ordered sushi) because we all ordered the tempura (good stuff though).

I think what I'm liking the most up here is the subways. They're kind of a $2 a pop amusement park ride to me. They certainly aren't a comfortable form of travel, and that turn coming into Harvard Square Station makes me sure we're going to start off-roading (off-railing, whatever) any time, but I thoroughly enjoy the trips anyway.

I took the train down to MIT today to go to a large mall. Nice place. It's near the Charles River, and I think the big fountain in front actually is in some sort of channel off the river -- the water certainly smelled like river water, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment