Friday, April 13, 2012

Well, I'm here

And here is Cambridge (no, not the one in Ohio). 

I don't know if I'll keep this up or not, but here's to trying.  The general idea here is to chronicle my time in the Boston area.  The name comes from the fact that I'm known by my Irish Setter logo/avatar around the internet and my natural habitat is the countryside... well, the setter's gone to the city.

I'm not going to be a tour guide, I'm too much a home body for that sort of thing, but I'm going to try and write something up when something interesting happens.

The trip out here from home was 13 hours, and we did it in two days.  I lucked into a hotel that took pets, or we'd have had to try it in one day, which, while possible if you're landing somewhere you can collapse at immediately, isn't exactly a good idea if you need to unload a uHaul when you get there.

The cats turned out to be excellent travelers --- though they did their best to try and convince me that the trip was going to be a disaster right off the bat.  It had been recommended that I haul them in the same box, for security.  Well, I tried that.  I can't be sure, but I think Honey sat on Punkin's head, whereupon Punkin tried to rip off Honey's rear end.  This happened in the driveway, before I even got the cage in the car.

Needless to say, they went into separate cages after that.

Two days and they didn't want food, water, or access to the facilities.  These are the same cats who just about knock me over when I go for the food bin.   Cats are weird.

The trip itself was uneventful (except for snow and rain in Cleveland) and me trying to direct Mom to the wrong exit on a traffic circle.

(Continued tomorrow.  I hope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment