Saturday, June 2, 2012

Shopping in the rain

So one thing they don't tell you when they say you can live in the big city with no car is that there's a asterisk.

The asterisk is: so long as you don't want to go anywhere when its pouring rain.*

I'd hoped to get out this morning before it starting pouring, but it moved in a little quicker than I'd expected.  I couldn't put it off after not being here at all last weekend (and after dropping my toothbrush in the toilet first thing when I got back and using my travel brush all week).   So I went out in the rain.

And got soaked. 

It wasn't too bad right off, really.  Those three years at Denison where I commuted and had to park at the bottom of the hill and walk were fairly wet.  I'm a little out of practice at being damp, though, not as tough as I used to be.   I got to the market and trust me, I wasted as much time as I could trying to dry out a little before even thinking about going back.

My clothes still aren't dry and they've been hanging in front of the fan all day. 



*OK, so you can go places, but you'll need a zipcar or a cab, both of which are expensive. 

1 comment: