Monday, May 28, 2012

Setter in the country

Went home this weekend -- and it was very brief, so if you didn't know about it, don't feel too bad, I still try to avoid talking about long trips on the internet, even if all anybody could steal from my apartment would be the cats. I'll try to make better, non-internet warnings when I'm going to land for more than 48 hours.

The Boston angle on this is that I finally figured out how to get to the airport without dropping $45 for a taxi. There are actually two ways on the T -- one involves switching trains twice, and the other involves the so-called "Silver Line". So far as I can tell the Silver Line was supposed to be a dedicated train to the airport, but they dug out a bunch of tunnels and then lost interest or ran out of money or something, so they put buses in them. Which works acceptably well, really (though I hear that the SL3/4, which goes to the west and doesn't seem to have much point kind of sucks). So I know yet another way to get somewhere new.

No comments:

Post a Comment