Monday, May 7, 2012

Brownies

Well, I finally fired up the oven... literally. I do not like gas ovens. I'm only now getting used to the gas stovetop, but I don't like the oven at all. There's enough of a gas smell when it starts up to put me on edge.

...

I noticed something this weekend, or, I guess, noticed over time. There's always music in the city. Whether it's impromptu, street music, or planned, it seems like everywhere you go there's somebody playing. I've seen a guitars by the dozen, banjos, harmonicas, trumpets, a trombone, a harp, and who knows what else. Kind of makes you feel like you've walked into a sitcom while the starting credits are rolling.

2 comments:

  1. Ergh, I hate gas stoves and gas + heat anything.

    "Setter in the City", you'll be howling when a country dog moves to the big city. ...Just hope a laugh track doesn't emerge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So long as it's not hysterical laughter.

      I actually kind of like the gas stovetop, but it makes me terribly nervous with the cats around. I never turn my back on it.

      Delete