Saturday, May 12, 2012

Punkin loses his ranking

So we had a vet trip this morning. Punkin took surprisingly well to being dragged around in his carrier on my cart.

I warned the vet, and he was glad that I did. They got him out of the cage OK, but as soon as he hit the table, that was it (they have their scales built into the tables there, pretty sweet). Squalling, flailing, hissing, and then onto the floor he goes. That was it, they got the cat gloves, and pinned him to the table. He got his shot and went back in the box. No bloodshed.

And that was when the vet said that he wasn't anywhere near the worst they have -- the worst have to be sedated to get their shots.

I think Punkin was disappointed. I expect him to try harder next time.

To add insult to injury, since he made a big old mess like usual, he got a bath when we got back. He's actually good about baths, but he did look like a drowned rat after.

No comments:

Post a Comment